Recently our local library hosted an Instrument Petting Zoo, hosted by a local university. It was so much! Bear and I went together and he enjoyed trying out the various instruments to see which one he was interested in. I want him to play brass because his mother was a phenomenal baritone player but my husband is pulling for percussion. This is one of the few things in marriage where we find ourselves on opposing sides. May the favorite instrument win!
I was able to gather up a few photos and video snippets of Bear trying the instruments which can be seen via our recent YouTube video.
Now, let’s get into the phenomenal things we accomplished during the month of October!
- Bear put together a cool, digital potato clock **see video here**
- Preschoolers enjoyed crating fall collages
- Fun field trip to a local Log Cabin Village **see pictures here**
- Our family welcomed a new dog, named Kobe, which we adopted from the local animal shelter. He’d been there several months and we are so glad to have him in our home.
- My wonderful husband bought a black dry erase board and installed it into our homeschool room. **see video here**
- We studied countries in Europe and Africa as we are finishing up My Father’s World Countries and Cultures
- Bam Bam helped me with a product review and giveaway video
- We found some great books from the local Five Below store and Christianbook.com website. I even found a calligraphy book to practice in and a cool paper air planes book with uniquely designed paper for each plane.
- I read several homeschooling books and devotionals that were so encouraging.
- We cleaned and reorganized the homeschool room! It looks so great in there now and we are enjoying it again.
Be sure to check back to the blog weekly and make sure you are subscribed to my YouTube channel to see what Team KEMP Academy may have going on there. You can also see a few weekly photographs from our daily homeschooling experience on our Instagram, @teamkempacademy.
We hope your October was awesome and we look forward to the season of thankfulness approaching in November.