Using Thin Stix Creativity Pack has been a joy for our children and even in my new hobby, bible journaling. We received these items to review from The Pencil Grip, Inc. and art has pretty much been mess free ever since!
The Thin Stix Creativity Pack provide your little artists with the opportunity to paint more frequently all while making no mess and seeing their finished product within minutes. This pack contains 24 AP CERTIFIED NON-TOXIC paint sticks including the following: 12 assorted colors, 6 neon colors, and 6 metallic colors. This solid tempera paint stick is thin so it allows for a bit more freedom and finer detail when drawing, filling in art, or defining your creations. The paint DRIES IN 90 SECONDS, or sooner in most cases, which made use of these supplies all the more frequent in our homeschool art time. Each paint stick was easy to use on various surfaces including wood, canvas, paper, cardboard, and even in my Bible and planner.
“I like the Thin Stix Creativity Pack! I like how you can hold it like a pencil but it is actually paint and was truly easy to use. It dried quickly and I didn’t have to wait for hours and hours before my art work was done. The finished artwork was smooth and the sticks were able to glide easily on my paper. A few times I pressed down too hard and a piece would break off, but I just smoothed it out with my finger and it blended into the artwork seamlessly. I think this good for ages 3 and up to use with ease on a regular basis.” Bear, 9 years old
Here are a few user tips for artwork from Bear:
- When you want a darker color, just press down a bit harder to deepen the color.
- The paint is easy to clean so if you do get any paint on you or the table you can remove it with a baby wipe.
- To get close to the lines on drawings you can lightly trace the area before filling it in.
You can also hear Bear’s additional thoughts in his recent YouTube video.
Bible journaling is my new hobby and I thought these tempera paint sticks would be a great addition to my supplies as well. Usually, people use watercolors for their bible journaling detail; however, I found that the size of these sticks allowed me to freely create beautiful entries. In using these I did not have any issues with the designs bleeding through the pages which are necessary for this kind of artwork. I was excited that the rapid drying time made it so easy to add designs to my Bible. I’m still very new to this but I am enjoying the hobby and how the Thin Stix Creativity Pack added to the designs.
Here are my tips for using these with Bible journaling:
- Building up the color is easy to do! I like to apply the first color and let it dry before adding a second coat to deepen it. This ensures I don’t waste any product.
- Don’t be afraid to mess up! I found that making a mistake in my designs with this product actually enhanced the artwork. Even when the paint coved the scripture, it didn’t bother me because I always start light and build up.
- These sticks work great with stencils! I used stencils on a few entries and I didn’t have any issues using them.
- For thin lines, grab a paint brush! Yes, these thin paint sticks are thin, but for fine detail I just used a thin brush on the stick and then applied it to my entry.
All in all The Pencil Grip, Inc. has created another awesome product with the Thin Stix Creativity Pack and we are glad to have it in our home. You can purchase this complete set from BJ’s both online and in store for only $19.99.
**ENTER HERE FOR YOUR CHANCE TO WIN THE THIN STIX CREATIVITY PACK**
Feel free to check out other artwork and reviews from other homeschool families via this artistic hyperlink to the Homeschool Review Crew.
Make this week grand,
3 thoughts on “Mess Free Art! Thin Stix Review & Giveaway CLOSED”
This is a excellent review from Bear. Just the other day I was thinking about doing more art with the children,so this would come in handy. I will also try your idea for using it in Journaling. My daughters would be using for creative writing through picture. I have them draw picture and tell a story from what they have drawn. It causes the child to think and express freely:)
Would love to try these!
This set looks like a fun supply to have in our art drawer!!! I love when your son does reviews!!