As this month comes to a close, I had to share a few things that have been going on for quite some time now. All the details for what we’ve have been up to during recent events, how we have been adjusting since the passing of our beloved father, and what curriculum we are using can be found via this recent video.
September was a good month for Team KEMP Academy as we all learned our new normal and took school one day at a time. This month’s accomplishments include:
- Bear completing two science projects
- Bam Bam doing great in speech
- Princess learning shapes and recognizing them throughout the house or while we are out
- I lesson planned for the entire month and two weeks into October. WHOOP WHOOP ! Take that procrastination <sticks out tongue>
- Bear read five chapter books, most within one weekend and one within two hours. He enjoys reading and even helped write a recent review.
- Bam Bam confirmed his left hand status and has been writing up a storm.
- Princess got a new kitchen for her birthday and keeps the family full on delicious plastic and imaginary cuisine.
- We’ve been having family fifteen minute workouts or stretching time to start our day. It has been so much fun and really helps us all wake up.
- I reinstated Friday Fun Day which consists of a science project or messy art and lunch in the living room while we watch a movie. We’ve been enjoying the Torchlighters series via our Amazon Prime membership.
- HOOPLA has been a blessing and we recommend listening to the audio books while riding in the car. You can learn more about how we use HOOPLA via this awesome hyperlink.
- I have been keeping up with my Bible in 90 Days reading plan via YouVersion. Next time I definitely want to do a chronological reading plan.
- Our local library had ninja story time. IT WAS AWESOME!! Ninjas and books go great together.
As always, be sure to check back to the blog weekly for awesome reads to help get you through the week. I have a few homeschool giveaways coming soon so make sure you are subscribed to my blog and YouTube channel for those announcements.