I am so excited to share all the awesome things that happened to me during the month of January. First, I have dropped another 8 pounds! WHOOP WHOOP! I didn’t meet my goal of 10 pounds this month but that’s okay because I accomplished so much more. I am now able to do strength training five times a week and I do at least 30-45 minutes of cardio six days a week. On Sundays, I rest and do a complete body stretching session and give my body time to recover and prepare for the upcoming workout week. I am definitely pleased with the way January wrapped up and you can see more of my accomplishments and the failures, including a 2 pound weight gain, via the first three videos placed throughout this blog post.
Here are a few more great accomplishments:
- Husband worked out with me 4 times this month
- Our children participate in my daily workouts
- Clothes are fitting looser in the legs and around the waist
- Double chin on my face is smaller and starting to disappear
- I signed up for my second 5K
- My journey has encouraged others to begin their own weight loss journey
But wait, there’s more! Check out these additional accomplishments:
- Stamina during workouts has increased tremendously
- Able to complete an entire strength training session without taking longer rests in between sets
- Family members and friends are noticing my weight loss
- Tried (and enjoyed) two Salmon recipes
- Dropped a dress size
So, in February I plan to tighten my diet and take the entire house with me down the narrow path to a narrower waist. As the head chef for Château Kemp, it is my duty to ensure our household puts nothing but the best into our temples. Four years ago I removed 90% of our dairy intake from our diets. Yes, we enjoy the occasional cheeseburger and southern macaroni and cheese dish, but we no longer use cow’s milk in our recipes and have seen extraordinary benefits from it. I’ve also increased the water intake of the entire house and decreased the sugar we consume. I’ve eliminated high fructose corn syrup/corn syrup (except for birthday goody bags), alternative (diet) sugars, along with GMOs and gluten will be the next thing to go. Yep, GLUTEN FREE IN 2017!
You can find out more about our family goals, hear what Kevin (husband) thinks about the changes, and learn about my annual goals via my recent video.
There is no telling what other household transformations will take place during this journey but I looking forward to good health and soul prosperity this year (3 John 1:2). I know that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me (Philippians 4:13) so I’m going to continue to do my part and trust that He will help me be successful.
Make this week prosperous,